The Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) is committed to providing excellent administrative leadership and support for the academic programs and services within the Gatton College of Pharmacy. Our goal is to help create and maintain the best possible academic environment for students and faculty. Specifically, OAA assists students in successfully addressing academic issues, supports the Academic Progression Committee and manages the published curriculum. Additionally, OAA facilitates assessment and evaluation activities including course evaluations, AACP and other surveys, all with the purpose of building the best academic program possible. OAA also manages schedules for courses and exams, and sets the calendar for the academic year. We oversee technology in the classroom as well as provide assistance to faculty in instructional design. OAA also oversees the ACPE accreditation process and leads the pharmacy portion of the Interprofessional Education Program (iPEP) within the Academic Health Sciences Center at ETSU. We support and promote faculty development for teaching excellence and curricular innovation. Essentially, OAA works to ensure a highly effective and progressive academic experience for all parties.
Functions of the OAA include the following:
- supporting students regarding academic issues;
- ensuring the published curriculum and course catalog are up-to-date;
- providing advisory and administrative support to the Academic Progression Committee (APC);
- managing the administration of student course evaluations, archiving all related data, and distributing results to appropriate parties;
- ensuring timely and accurate grade submissions;
- establishing the academic calendar, class schedule, and testing schedule each semester; and
- promoting faculty-driven improvements in instructional methods.
- You may contact us at email@example.com or by calling 423-439-6334.