- 204 Sam Wilson Hall
M.S. & Ph.D. in Clothing and Textiles, Specialization: Business and Economics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University,
B.S. in Clothing and Textiles, Specialization: Apparel Design,
Sook Myung Women’s University, Seoul, Korea.
Faculty and invited lecturer for University of Rhode Island, California State University Long Beach, Johnson & Wales University, Seoul National University, Yonsei University, and Sookmyung Women’s University, Chungbuk National University, and Jeju National University.
International Merchandiser for Woolworth Co.
Winner of Graduate student paper competition at International Textile and Apparel Association and American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences annual conferences
Winner of Outstanding Research Award at Johnson & Wales University.
- Kim, S., & Na, H. (2016). Sustainability of Sustainable Fashion Products: Impact of
Brand Names and Cause-Related Marketing on Purchase Intention. American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists Journal of Research, 3(4). 24-35. (SCI-E level).
- Kim, S., Lee, Y., Jang, A., Lee, Y. & Kepstein, C. (2015). Global Nation Product Equity
Depending on a Level of Cultural Diffusion: Focus on Korean Culducts. Cross-cultural
research with USA, England, France, and China. Journal of Product and Brand Management.24(3).
- Choi, J. & Kim, S. (2013). Cross-Cultural Study of Color Sensation and Sensibility
for Korean Traditional Fabrics with Natural Indigo Dyeing. Fibers and Polymers (SCI-E level).14 (1), 138-145.
- Kim, S. & Kincade, D. (October, 2009). Evolution of a new retail institution type:
Case study in South Korea and China. Clothing and Textile Research Journal (SSCI level). 27(4), 301-310.
- Ko, E., Kim, S. Kim, M., & Uoo, J. (2007). Organizational characteristics and the
Customer Relationship Marketing adoption process. Journal of Business Research (SSCI level). 61(1), 65-74.
- Kim, S. & Kincade, D. (2007). Evolution of retail institution types and consumers’
store patronage behavior: A cross-cultural comparison among China, India, and the
United States. Journal of Shopping Center Research, 14(2), 79-106.
- Kim, S. & Chen-Yu, J. (2005). Discount store patronage: A comparison between South Korea and the United States. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal (SSCI level), 23(3), 97- 111.