Welcome to the Department of Rehabilitative Sciences!
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/etsurehabsciences
The Department of Rehabilitative Sciences is a multidisciplinary department with over 20 faculty and staff offering a doctor of physical therapy, undergraduate and graduate programs in nutrition and dietetics, a graduate certificate in sport nutrition, and a bachelor's degree in rehabilitative health sciences. The department is also developing a master of science in orthotics and prosthetics and a doctor of occupational therapy pending necessary approvals and accreditation requirements.
Our faculty who possess significant clinical and academic experience from a variety of disciplines with backgrounds and expertise in nutrition and dietetics, occupational therapy, physical therapy, public health, and health care administration. You will have a diversity of opportunities to study and train alongside our faculty with unique opportunities including clinical experiences, interprofessional education, and research.
The Department of Rehabilitative Sciences is involved in a variety of unique and collaborative initiatives, such as:
- Interprofessional education and training for faculty and students with all five health-related colleges at ETSU
- Interdisciplinary Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Clinic
- Interdisciplinary Concussion Assessment Clinic
- Research in our Human Nutrition and Dietetics Research Laboratory at ETSU's Valleybrook Campus
- Physical therapy residency and fellowship programs
To learn more about the exciting initiative across ETSU Health, read the 2020 Annual Report.
- B.S, Rehabilitative Health Sciences
- B.S., Nutrition and Dietetics
- Minor, Nutrition and Dietetics (beginning fall 2021)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Science in Clinical Nutrition
- Dietetic Internship
- Graduate Certificate in Sport Nutrition
Master of Science in Orthotics and Prosthetics (beginning summer 2022)
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (beginning summer 2022)
To learn more about our current programs, please use the drop-down menu for Academic Programs on this page to learn more! To learn more about our developing programs, please refer to the 'Contact Us' tab on the left hand side of this page and reach out to us for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Jeff Snodgrass, PhD
Chairperson & Professor