Qualifications & Application for Honors in Discipline in Nutrition
Requirements for admission to program:
- Admission to Nutrition and Dietetics program (selective admission occurs in spring of sophomore year for admission in fall of junior year).
- Current ETSU student: must enter in their junior year with overall GPA of 3.2.
- Transfer student: must enter in the junior year with an overall GPA of 3.2
Requirements for Applicants
- Completed online application
- 1-2 page personal essay describing your interest in studying nutrition and how participation in the H-I-D will benefit you (included in online application).
- Contact information for 2 letters of support from previous professors or professional mentors who can attest to your ability to successfully participate in additional work and meet deadlines.
For more information, please contact:
Mary Andreae, MS, RD, LDN
Assistant Professor & Undergraduate Program Director, Nutrition
Hutcheson Hall, Room 104
PO Box 70260
East Tennessee State University
Johnson City, TN 37614
Retention in program
- All Nutrition HID students must be nutrition majors.
- Enrollment with a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester; scholarship recipients must enroll in a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester.
- Students must maintain the following cumulative GPAs : up to 45 hours 3.2; 46-60 hours 3.2; 60+hours: 3.25.