We are delighted that you are interested in the Bert C. Bach Fine and Performing Arts program. We invite you to discover your passion for creating and studying art while excelling in a specific area of study, across many of the creative disciplines at ETSU.
Open to applications from incoming freshmen only, both in-state and out-of-state, admission is competitive and scholarships are awarded separately from general admission to ETSU. Remember that to be considered for the Bert C. Bach Fine & Performing Arts Scholars program, you must:
- have earned an ACT score of 22 or higher (without the writing score) or
comparable SAT score.
- submit a completed FPA application, in addition to the ETSU admissions application, by March 1 of the fall semester prior to fall admission.
- participate in high school activities and community service, including leadership opportunities.
- commit to pursuing a 4-year baccalaureate degree at ETSU's Johnson City campus.
- submit an excellent artistic portfolio along with proof of writing skills and academic references.
Schedule a Visit Today!
While on campus you can meet with Dr. Scott Contreras-Koterbay, Director of the Bert C. Bach Fine & Performing Arts Scholars program, along with a professor in your intended field of study. In addition, you might want to schedule a campus tour.