The Honors College offers two different types of scholarships
Admission to an Honors-in-Discipline program does not include awarding of a scholarship.
Please read all of the information on this page to understand HID scholarship awards.
The Honors College offers two different types of scholarships to Honors-in-Discipline students on a competitive basis.
- Tennessee residents who participate in an HID program may be eligible to receive an HID scholarship covering full in-state tuition and most course fees. These scholarships are awarded for a maximum of eight semesters of study, contingent on maintaining eligibility. There is a limited number of these scholarships and the number to be awarded each semester depends on the number of students graduating and making their scholarships available.
- Out-of-State students who participate in an HID program may be eligible to receive a scholarship covering the out-of-state portion of their tuition, contingent on meeting and maintaining eligibility requirements.
Admission to an HID program makes students eligible for scholarship offers; scholarship offers come separately from letters of admission. Once admitted to an HID program students are automatically put on the eligibility list; there is no separate scholarship application. All scholarship offers come from the Director of Honors-in-Discipline Programs, Dr. Michael Whitelaw.
Since not all students receive scholarships in their first semester as an HID scholar,
students remain eligible to be awarded a scholarship in future semesters as long as
they remain in good standing in their program.
- Scholarship offers are separate from offers of acceptance into an HID Program.
- Scholarships are awarded for both fall and spring semesters as they become available.
- Applications must be received by HID Coordinators by November 1st to be considered for a scholarship for the following spring and by March 1st to be considered for a scholarship for the following fall.
- Scholarship offers are generally made in May and December.
- Fall scholarships do not post to student accounts until mid August.
- Students receiving scholarships must enroll in a minimum of 15 credits each semester.