Course Load: Undergraduate
The purpose of the policy is to define course load for undergraduate students.
I. Fall, Spring, and Summer Semesters
• The maximum course load is nineteen (19) credits, unless permission for an overload is approved.
II. Winter Session
• The maximum course load for the winter session is four (4) credits.
• Winter session credits are included in the total for the spring semester.
• Students with a cumulative ETSU GPA of 3.0 may be approved for a course load over nineteen (19).
• The advisor recommends and the Dean (or designee) must approve registration for an overload.
IV. Probationary Load
• Any student on academic probation at the time of registration may enroll in a maximum of fifteen (15) credits, including audits.
• Students who do not have a cumulative ETSU GPA of 3.0 may request an overload under exceptional circumstances.
May 17, 2019
1. Student meets with their academic advisor.
2. If the advisor recommends the overload, the student requests permission for a course overload from the Dean (or designee) of their college.
3. The Dean (or designee) verifies the student has a cumulative ETSU GPA of 3.0.
4. The approval form is submitted to the Office of the Registrar for processing.
May 17, 2019
Scope and Applicability
|Responsible Official||Responsible Office|