Interested in trying a biofeedback meditation program?
Due to COVID-19, We are not currently offering Biofeedback services. We hope to continue providing this service for students when we can do so safely. Check back with us in Summer 2021!
The ETSU Counseling Center has invested in an immersive biofeedback meditation program, Unyte, which will aid students in their journey towards health and wellness.
The biofeedback device tracks Heart Rate Variability (HRV) which is a measure of the variation in time between heartbeats, and is considered to be a strong indicator of your meditative state. Decades of research shows that a higher HRV correlates with an optimal, relaxed nervous system state, positive emotions, and improved health.
According to the research, HRV biofeedback may, as part of a healthy lifestyle, help in the following ways:
- Improve ability to handle adversity or stressful situations
- Decrease anxiety
- Stress management
- Reduce depression
- Improve responses to anger-inducing stimuli
- Improve sleep quality
- Reduce pain
- Improve gastrointestinal disorder symptoms
- Improve mood and psychological well-being
- Help fine-tune skills for optimal sports performance