Student Advisory Board
The Mary V. Jordan Multicultural Center Student Advisory Board provides advice on programming and pressing student issues to the Director of the Multicultural Center. The Board will hold monthly meetings throughout the academic year to encourage discussion on new initiatives and emergent issues centered around diverse topics. The Board’s recommendations will help to influence goals, services, and the overall effectiveness of the Mary V. Jordan Multicultural Center.
The Student Advisory Board is composed of a diverse group of both undergraduate and graduate students. All students on the Board are selected through an application and interview process. Currently represented within the Board include the following Appointed Student Organizations/Services :
- Black Affairs
- Disability Services
- ETSU Gospel Choir
- Hispanic American Student Community (HASCA)
- International Friendship Program (IFP) and International Buccaneer Buddies (IBB) Programs
- International Student Association (ISA)
- Multicultural Greek Council (MGC)
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
- Patricia Robertson Pride Center
- Sexuality and Gender Alliance (SAGA)
- Women's Studies
- Veterans Affairs
3 Open Inclusive Membership Positions (for any undergraduate or graduate ETSU student)
The following Executive Board positions are selected through an application and interview process:
- Public Relations
- Campus Climate
More details about each position are availble here.
To serve on the Student Advisory Board, requirements are as follow:
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate ETSU student
- Be in good University and Community Standing, also obtaining 2.5 GPA
- Be able to fully commit their participation to the entirety of the academic year
- Attend Orientation Retreat in Late Summer/Early August
- Attend all monthly meetings
- Attend and Present at the ETSU Equity and Inclusion Conference
- Two-year renewable terms
- Every year the Board holds a mandatory Orientation Retreat in Late Summer or early August.
- Meetings will occur once a month. Meetings run from September-April, with one meeting via zoom over the summer.
- Regular participation in the Board’s activities will be essential if it is to be effective. Therefore, if an individual misses more than two meetings, they will be dismissed from the Board.
- Minutes from the meetings will be shared online.
- Stipend of $100 each semester
Have questions? Please address any inquiries to the Director of the Multicultural Center at 423-439-4844 or Elliss@etsu.edu.;
- Applications for 2021-2022 will open January 2021.
- Applications are due February 15th.
Current Advisory Board