Welcome to the Office of Community Relations and Outreach for the College of Arts & Sciences at East Tennessee State University. From the humanities to the social sciences to the science and STEM areas, the College of Arts & Sciences is a large, diverse and dynamic unit. As the foundational college at ETSU we are largely responsible for the general education received by our students. There are nearly two dozen majors, sixty concentrations, and fifty minors. By our very nature we are a diverse college.
The diversity of our programs and offerings compliments the tremendous diversity we have among our faculty, staff, and students. Our people come from virtually every continent and region of the world. We are dedicated to creating high quality educational experiences for our students. Our core values are as follows:
- We believe every person deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- The College of Arts & Sciences is a safe space for all faculty, staff, and students.
- We value respectful dialogue across differences.
- We strive for excellence in research, teaching, and service.
- We are building and strengthening relationships every day to develop a culture of inclusivity, respect, understanding.
- Humility & Empathy. We believe in servant leadership and the importance of humility in caring for all of our people.
- We hold ourselves accountable for our successes And our failures.
- We believe in the power of harnessing data to help guide our performance and improve our outcomes.
- We invest in our people to make their dreams come true.
Please reach to us with any ideas and/or concerns you may have about community relations and outreach. Thank you. Go Bucs!