The vision for the Center for the Study of Finance is to be nationally recognized as a leader in financial education for the region.
The mission of the Center for the Study of Finance is to provide quality education while promoting and supporting financial literacy.
Provide students with the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to enhance career opportunities and encourage lifelong learning.
Advance knowledge in academic and professional communities through research, creative and scholarly activities.
Provide support and leadership to local and regional financial institutions, businesses, and the community at large.
Develop and promote partnerships with business, industry, government, and higher education.
The ETSU Center for the Study of Finance is a resource for students, financial service workers, researchers in the financial field, and the community at large. The center was originally established in 1986, with financial assistance from the State of Tennessee.
The purpose of the Center is:
- Provide an educated workforce to the financial industry, both regionally and nationally.
- Stimulate student interest in the financial industry through internships and research assistantships.
- Present seminars and conferences on financial topics for schools, practitioners, academicians, businesses, and the community.
- Develop and educate research with financial data and disseminate key research.
- Sponsor and publish research within the financial services industry.
- Consult with financial institutions and business on issues of concern.