Joan Allison Dearden Memorial Scholarship
The purpose of the Joan Allison Dearden memorial Scholarship Endowment is to provide scholarship assistance to deserving students pursuing a degree in radiology.
The Endowment is established in memory of Ms. Joan Allison Dearden. Joan was a graduate of Training School "University High" in 1951, and attended East Tennesee State University and Duke University. Over her life, she served in radiography departments within multiple facilities.
Scholarships shall be awarded by the Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences' Allied Health Sciences Scholarship Committee. That committee shall decied the number of scholarships and the value of each, depending on funds available.
- Applications should be submitted to the Allied Health Sciences Scholarship Committee by June 15 of each year
- Current ETSU students, transfer students, or non-traditional students shall be eligible for the award
- Once a student is selected to be a recipient, he or she may continue to receive the award to complete an undergraduate degree, not to exceed two consecutive years providing he or she continues to meet the criteria.
- Applicant must be a graduate of University High.
The Allied Health Sciences Scholarship Committee shall consider the following criteria in awarding scholarships:
- Preference will be given to students from the region.
- Applicants must meet all requirements for regular admission to ETSU.
- Applicants must be accepted into the Radiologic Science program to maintain continuous enrollment.
Phil Carney Radiologic Science Scholarship
The purpose of the Phil Carney Radiologic Science Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to eligible students enrolled in the radiologic science program at East Tennessee State University. The endowment was established to memorialize the legacy of Phil Carney who served as the Director of Radiology for 39 years at Le Conte Medical Center in Sevierville, TN. Mr. Carney was a mentor to many students and made a lasting impact on their lives.
• Applications should be submitted to the Allied Health Sciences Scholarship Committee
by February 1st each year
• Radiology student in good academic standing
• Preference given to students with demonstrated financial need
• Preference given to students enrolled in summer semester