- Benefits & Opportunities
- The Academic Experience
- Qualifications & Application
- Special Opportunities
- Program Faculty
- Prospective Students
- Student Spotlights
- Alumni, Donors & Friends
- Useful Links
- Honors Home
- Contact Us
The Midway Honors Scholars program is a two-year program designed for high performing, undergraduate students who transfer to ETSU from community colleges or other universities. It features a unique course of study for students who, regardless of major, want a distinctive honors based curriculum delivered in cohort classes.
With an emphasis on undergraduate research and creative activity, Midway Honors Scholars have the opportunity to work one-on-one with faculty on a significant research and/or
creative project in the student's field. Along with access to exceptional academic
programs, our honors scholars experience a strong sense of community and diversity
through sponsored activities, events, and programs - helping to foster a more global
perspective within the university community.
Selection to the Midway Honors Scholars program is competitive. Applicants are evaluated
on their academic accomplishments, writing, major coursework, extra-curricular activities,
and contributions to their communities.
The Honors College seeks to inspire students not only to meet, but exceed their academic dreams by building on the strengths they bring to this program while enhancing their collective cultural and intellectual environment.
MHS Student SpotlightsProgram Benefits
- supportive community of scholars;
- an exciting curriculum;
- advising and mentoring by Honors College faculty and staff;
- priority registration;
- the opportunity to participate in an Honors Living and Learning Community;
- 24/7 access to computer labs and study facilities reserved for Honors College students;
- the ability to work one-on-one with campus faculty on significant research and/or creative activities in your chosen field; and,
- scholarships, awarded competitively, to assist with tuition and co-curricular expenses.