The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is a degree that focuses on advanced knowledge in a particular focus area. East Tennessee State University offers concentrations in Nursing Administration, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Education, and the Family Nurse Practitioner. With a flexible learning environment and a highly individualized experience, students gain a strong foundation in their chosen concentration area and are prepared to make an impact.
Requires an ETSU application and a NursingCAS application.
Program Quick Facts
- Asynchronous online classes
- Full-time or part-time enrollment options
- May be completed in as little as five (5) semesters if attending full-time.
- 98% pass rate on FNP Certification for 2018.
- RN to MSN option available for RNs with a non-nursing B.A. or B.S. degree.
- Program options for students who have completed their BSN.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics lists Nurse practitioners as the #2 fastest-growing occupation, with a 45% growth rate for 2022-2023.