We are currently hiring tutors for these courses: BIOL 1020, BIOL 1120, BIOL 3150, BIOL 4147, BIOL 4167, CHEM 1030, CHEM 1040, CHEM 1110, CHEM 1120, CHEM 2010, CHEM 2020, CHEM 2220, CEE 2110, CSCI 1900, CSCI 1250, CSCI 1260, CSCI, 2020, CSCI 2210, ECON 2070, ECON 2210, ECON 2220, ENGL 2110, ENGL 2120, ENGR 1020, ENGR 1110, ENGR 1120, ENTC 2310, HSCI 2230, HSCI 3030, HSCI 3046, HSCI 3320, MATH 1410, MATH 1420, MATH 1840, MATH 1850, MATH 1920, PSYC 3050, PSYC 3060, Test-Prep for GRE, LSAT, MCAT, PRAXIS, and TEAS.
TRIO-Student Support Services is a federally funded program designed to help low income, first generation students who may have a documented disability achieve academic success. The program serves 225 students each academic year by providing academic support and personal and career counseling. The overall goal of the program is to increase the number of students who graduate from East Tennessee State University.
Why should you tutor?
- Great pay
- You set your own schedule
- Looks great on resumes and graduate school applications
- Keeps material fresh for graduate and professional school entrance exams
- Provide academic tutoring to program participants & assist in developing study strategies
- Work with the student to develop a tutoring plan & academic goals that fits the student’s individual needs
- Prepare tutoring sessions that ensure the academic development of the student
- Communicate with program staff about the student’s progress
- Participate in SSS tutor training sessions
- Be an undergraduate student currently enrolled at ETSU
- Completed the course you wish to tutor at ETSU & received no lower than a B
- An Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate knowledge & competence in the subject matter
- Enjoy teaching the subject you wish to tutor
- Be able to effectively explain concepts to individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Possess good organizational skills & complete paperwork accurately & in a timely manner
- Exhibit patience & positive attitudes in establishing an encouraging learning environment
Those who can tutor multiple courses &/or are SSS program participants are competitive applicants