A new strategic visioning process for East Tennessee State University – the Committee for 125 Chapter II – launched by the ETSU Board of Trustees and President Dr. Brian Noland.
The initiative builds upon the foundation of the Committee for 125 effort that began in 2012 outlining strategic goals the institution hoped to achieve upon its 125th anniversary in 2036. The goal of this new initiative is to develop a future-focused vision for ETSU that maximizes the power of the collective talent of the university and surrounding community to improve the lives of the people in the Appalachian Highlands. This first phase of the strategic planning process is focused on the vision, later in spring 2022 we will use this vision to begin the strategy development phase of the project where we will identify the best strategies and tactics to achieve the vision developed by the Committee for ETSU 125 Chapter II.
The process for developing the vision for the next decade at ETSU was extensive and included feedback from various constituency groups both internal and external to the campus. Examples of this feedback process are:
Board of Trustees Retreat Summer 2021
- Employer Round tables (3)
- Various Meetings With Community Groups
- Various Meetings With Local Legislators & Elected Officials
- Faculty Senate (QEP and 125 Chapter 2) October 2021
- Two Open Town Halls October 2021
- Provost Dean’s Group (Various)
- Quality and Effectiveness Sub-council Spring 2022
- University Council (Various)
- Board of Trustees Meeting February 2022
- General Education Advisory Council Spring 2022
- Student Life & Enrollment Leadership Council Spring 2022
- Staff Senate Sponsored Town hall (Open to All of Campus) 2022