Mission, Goals and Strategic Plan
The mission of the College of Arts and Sciences is to support the eighteen academic departments, three Centers of Excellence, and three museums in their efforts to help students develop responsive intellects: minds attuned to the beauties, the demands, and the opportunities within our natural, social, and cultural worlds.
- Build a strong and diverse faculty.
- Maintain high quality undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Encourage interdisciplinary approaches to learning.
- Establish new graduate programs in appropriate areas.
- Expand faculty and student research and increase research collaborations within and beyond the college.
- Promote community involvement.
- Maximize cultural opportunities in the region.