Holston Valley Medical Center is part of Ballad Health - an integrated healthcare system serving 29 counties of Northeast Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, Northwest North Carolina and Southeast Kentucky. It is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Health Care Organizations. With 345 beds available, Holston Valley Medical Center offers full acute care facilities, including:
- level I trauma center (one of six in the state)
- level III neonatal intensive care unit
- newly renovated ED, intensive care unit and operating suites
- cancer center
- heart institute
- top 100 in nation for neurological care
- birthing center with 23 private rooms
- comprehensive surgical center
Holston Valley Medical Center's services are complemented by a wide range of community resources. Our residency program enjoys excellent relationships with the hospital administration, as well as medical and nursing staff.
Niswonger Children's Hospital is a 69-bed facility and St. Jude Affiliate Clinic located within the Johnson City Medical Center campus. It is the only children's hospital in the region.