ETSU is located in beautiful Johnson City, Tennessee.
Start your new academic journey in the mountains of East Tennessee and be part of an adventure campus in an adventure town with southern charm.
If you desire a challenge, positively impacting community, and being part of an interprofessional team, this is the educational adventure you have been seeking.
A robust Interprofessional Education (IPE) curriculum is one thing that sets ETSU apart from other programs. With just over 120 Academic Health Sciences Centers (AHSC) in the United States, the OTD program at ETSU is proud to be part of this unique educational experience. Students in the OTD program will acquire practice-ready skills addressing the importance of interprofessional practice through engagement with students from other academic programs (James H. Quillen College of Medicine, Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy, College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences, College of Nursing, and College of Public Health), simulation experiences, and experiential learning.
- Entry-level doctoral program preparing students as generalists allowing greater employment opportunities for graduates.
- Provide students with community practical and applied learning opportunities.
- Interprofessional education with PT, SLP, Nutrition, and O&P.
- Formal IPE curriculum through the Academic Health Science Center providing relevant practice skill opportunities.
- Regional and national clinical experiences provide travel and personal growth opportunities.
- Contributes to regional stewardship and wise use of human and financial resources by providing students with an opportunity to obtain a degree at a lower cost than those offered at surrounding private institutions.