Preceptors support the experiential education program that provides approximately 30% of the college’s curriculum. They help students learn to apply didactic knowledge in real-world settings. In addition, preceptors model and encourage professionalism, empathy and compassion in patient care.
- Free access to CEI (Collaborative Education Institute) which provides continuing education specifically designed for preceptor development
- Access to the ETSU Quillen College of Medicine Library resources
- Access to many free continuing education programs and some deeply discounted continuing education programs
- Opportunity to pursue adjunct faculty appointment
- Have at least 1-year of practice experience as a licensed practitione
- Be in good standing with the state board of pharmacy or professional licensing body
- Willing to precept GCOP students on an ongoing basis
- Willing to complete preceptor development activities as required
- Willing to provide constructive feedback to students and complete formal evaluations in a timely manner
Non-pharmacist preceptors are approved on a limited basis for select experiences
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to teach our students. Please access and complete the online application via the button below. When completing the application, applicants will be asked to upload a curriculum vitae (CV) or resume and a copy of their state licensure. After receipt of your information, the Office of Experiential Education will contact you for additional onboarding steps.
use the code: gattonpreceptor