The University Advisement Center (UAC) advises students undecided in their major,
exploring their major and careers options, as well as students with a Learning Support
Reading requirement. The UAC also serves as a one-stop shop for general advising questions
for all students across campus.
Advisors are here to support the academic success and graduation of all students. Most students will be required to confer with their major advisor before they can register for the next semester. Always reach out to your advisor before making academic decision such as changing a class, dropping a course or withdrawing from the University.
Schedule an appointment with your UAC Academic Advisor!
Schedule an appointment with your major advisor
If you have declared a major (not undecided/undeclared) AND you do not have a Learning Support Reading requirement, please use the advisor search below to find a list of advisors for each major. You can meet with your advisor to register for courses, change your current course schedule, plan your degree progress, etc.
ETSU Undergraduate Catalog
View a list of majors and minors
Working with your advisor
Your advisor is a great resource. Don't hesitate to contact them if you need assistance. We are more than just a registration tool and would prefer to see you frequently throughout the semester. Even if it is just to let us know how your semester is going.
- Check your campus post office box and email account at least weekly as some communications contain time sensitive information! Respond in a timely manner to all emails from your Advisor and the University.
- Work with your Advisor in developing an academic plan through graduation.
Advisement information and registration tips
Make an advisement appointment prior to your scheduled registration date each semester.
- Registration for summer and fall for returning students is in April.
- Registration for spring for returning students is in November.
- Undeclared and Learning Support Program students are required to see an advisor prior to registering.
- Your advisor will clear your registration hold at your advisement appointment.
- Early advisement gives students more choices on classes and class times.
- Take care of registration holds well before registration time (library fines, parking tickets, immunizations, etc.).
- Make a list of questions to take to your advisement appointment.
- Use Look Up Classes in the Registration section of GoldLink to choose classes and times that you would like to take. Bring this information to your advisement appointment.
When Can I Register?
NOTE: The order of registration is based on earned credit hours. Hours in which you are currently enrolled, In Progress hours on Degree Works, do not count towards earned hours for registration.
NOTE: Not all holds prevent registration
Please contact the appropriate office to resolve any holds you have. Students can see ALL holds on their Student Page, by selecting the “View Holds” option on GoldLink. Visit the Student Hold Resolution Information page.
Make sure to review and accept the Financial Responsibility Statement prior to registering for classes.
Most undergraduates are required to consult with their major advisor before they can register each semester. Please contact your advisor prior to your registration date for assistance in class selection and to verify your Program of study. Check your Registration Status on GoldLink to determine if you have an advisement requirement.
Registering for Classes
Check your Degree Works in GoldLink prior to registering to verify you are registering for classes that satisfy your degree requirements. NOTE: The Degree Works Tab in Schedule Builder can only be used with an Active Degree Works Plan. Not sure if you have an “Active Degree Works Plan” or how to use Degree Works? Visit the Degree Works Tutorial page.
Register for your classes using Schedule Builder, a simple interface that provides you with the ability to generate schedules for your classes in mere seconds! How to make your class schedule work for you? Visit the Schedule Builder Tutorial page. Send the schedule back to your Registration Shopping Cart until your registration time.
All registered students are required to confirm registration every semester they attend. After registering for classes and prior to the first day of each semester, students must confirm through GoldLink. For more information regarding the confirmation process please visit the Confirming Registation page.