The vision for the Department of Accountancy at East Tennessee State University is to be the Accountancy program of choice for a high quality education.
The mission of the Department of Accountancy is to:
- Teach students to become competent and critical thinking professionals who can maneuver through technology advancements and drive an ethical culture.
- Produce high quality intellectual contributions that are relevant, practical, and advance the common body of knowledge in the profession.
Create a culture that inspires a dedication to service to the University, the community, and the accounting profession.
Bachelor of Business Administration Strategic Objectives
- develop problem-solving and decision-making skills above that of entering freshmen,
- obtain employment in accounting or related careers,
- communicate effectively, think critically and strategically, and
- understand and use technology
Master of Accountancy Strategic Objectives
- improve problem-solving and decision-making skills over that of BBA students,
- have a pass rate on professional exams at equal or better than state average,
- demonstrate more effective skills than BBA students in oral and written communications,
- think critically and strategically in terms of accounting and business issues,
- understand and use information technology more efficiently than BBA students, and
- obtain 100% employment in accounting or related career