ETSU is currently accepting applications for a post-master’s graduate certificate program in Community College Leadership. Course content will be delivered online with two weekend face-to-face seminar sessions each semester at a community college in Tennessee. Upon the successful completion of the certificate, students may transfer the 15 hours into the Ed.D. program in Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis with a concentration in Higher Education Leadership.
To be considered for acceptance into this certificate program, you must:
- Possess at least a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Be currently employed at a community college
- Have at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the most current awarded degree
- Meet the general admission requirements of the ETSU School of Graduate Studies
- Be nominated by a community college president or his/her designee
Application materials to be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies include:
- Completion of online application
- A one-page letter (essay) stating interest in the Community College Leadership graduate certificate program
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended
- A current vita or resume
- Two letters of recommendation plus the nomination letter form from the community college president or his/her designee.
All applications will be evaluated by an admission committee composed of faculty members of the Center for Community College Leadership.
Applicants will be evaluated on
- GPA in most recent degree
- Professional work experience
- Prior positions of leadership
- Writing ability; and
- Demonstrated interest in community college leadership
Prospective students can access a .pdf version of the application requirements here
Applicants are encouraged to address their related accomplishments, goals, and interest in community college leadership in the essay and in their curriculum vitae.
The deadline for applications each semester can be found on the School of Graduate Studies website. However, we will interview applicants beyond the deadline if space is available in the next cohort. Contact the CCCL Graduate Program Coordinator for the concentration of interest for more information about deadlines.