The committee shall consider the following criteria in awarding scholarships. Each applicant must:
- Be a resident of Washington County, TN, or Greene County, TN.
- Be pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree at ETSU, with a major in Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Sciences. Entering freshmen and all other undergraduates shall be eligible. The scholarship may be renewed on an annual basis for recipients.
- Gain an understanding of the State of Franklin Environmental Society through reading the attached history.
- Have demonstrated financial need.
- Maintain satisfactory academic standing.
Applications should be submitted to the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Sciences faculty by 15 February of each year.
Scholarships shall be awarded by the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Sciences faculty. That committee shall decide the number of scholarships and the value of each, depending on the funds available. If an award is not made, the funds shall be carried forward to be used the next year.