ETSU hosts an electronic repository for theses submitted to the Honors College. The repository is a collaborative effort of the Honors College and Sherrod Library.
Electronic E-thesis submission is required of all honors scholars
Instructions for Electronic Thesis Submission
Prior to submitting an electronic thesis, the following must be completed:
- Thesis approved by Thesis Mentor(s) and Thesis Reader(s)
- Copy of thesis cover page signed by student, Thesis Mentor(s)
and Reader(s)--electronic signatures are ok, as is electronic submission.
- Non-Exclusive Distribution License agreement (download here)
signed by student and Thesis Mentor(s)--electronic signatures are ok, as is electronic submission
- Submit the signed cover page and release form via email to:
- Dr. Carson Medley email@example.com, HID, UHS, and Midway Scholars
Dr. Scott Contreras-Koterbay, firstname.lastname@example.org, FPA Scholars
- Mr. Daniel Hedden, email@example.com, PHCSS/Changemakers
Save yourself time and frustration by being prepared before you begin. You must complete
all required fields to save the submission form.
- Go to the eThesis website at: http://dc.etsu.edu/honors/.
- Read the policies and be sure that you have satisfied the requirements BEFORE you start the online submission process.
- Be sure your thesis is in PDF format. If your thesis is in a word processing program format like Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx), open it in that program and look under the FILE menu for the option to "Export" or "Save As" or "Print" the file in PDF format. If you have questions, please contact your honors program director (UHS, HID, &MHS, FPA).
- Make sure you have all files available to include in the online submission process.
- Be ready to copy and paste the following into the online submission form:
- an abstract for your thesis,
- a list of keywords (optional), and
- If there are words or phrases not in the title or abstract that would facilitate finding your thesis using a search engine like Google, type them on a single line separated by commas.
- the list of your Thesis Mentor(s) and Thesis Reader(s)
- Verify the correct spelling of your Thesis Professor(s) and Thesis Reader(s) names using the "Search ETSU and People" search box at the top of the ETSU home page. Type names with THESIS ADVISOR FIRST and separate multiple names with commas. Example: William Burgess Jr., Christopher Dula.
- Choose Subject Categories that best describe your thesis content from the Taxonomy of Academic Disciplines . You will select these categories from a drop-down menu in the online submission process.
- Create an account by clicking on the "My Account" link.
- Use your ETSU email address.
- Create a password. It does not have to be your ETSU account password. If you forget your password, use the "Forget your password?" link on the "My Account" page to reset it.
- Do not call the OIT Student Help Desk because they cannot reset it for you.
- Go to the Upload page.
- Enter information in all of the REQUIRED fields, including Subject Categories.
- Check the box to UPLOAD ADDITIONAL FILES if you have supplemental material in virtually any format (video, audio, etc.)
- Click the SUBMIT button to save your input data and files.
After an Honors Thesis is accepted into the repository, it can be accessed through the repository webpage or by a search of ETSU's Sherrod Library Millennium catalog. All electronic theses, except those with a voluntary embargo, can be viewed by the general public.
If you have questions or problems during the process of submitting to eThesis, please contact your Honors Program Director:
(UHS, HID, and MHS)
Dr. Contreras-Koterbay (FPA)