Student-Faculty Collaborative Grants
EVENTS and DEADLINES:
October 9, 2020, 4:00pm - Fall 2020 proposals
This program is administered by the Honors College with funds made available from the Honors College, the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, and the Provost's office to support the research aspirations of ETSU undergraduate students.
- INTENT: Funds support undergraduate students in completing an organized research project.
- FOR WHOM: Although any undergraduate can compete for an award, juniors and seniors may be better prepared to conduct an extended research project.
- HOW MUCH: The maximum award per grant is $1,200. FOR WHAT: The grant can be used to purchase supplies, equipment, travel for research, computer time, or other expenses related to the research project.
- CAVEAT: Although not strictly prohibited, stipends or faculty travel requests are not encouraged, unless special circumstances exist.
- NOTE ABOUT TRAVEL: A separate award to support travel for undergraduate presentations at conferences exists.
- NOTE TO FACULTY: Faculty mentors are limited to 3 Student Faculty Collaborative Grants per year.
A detailed description of the submission process can be found at:
For projects that will/may involve human subjects, the following checklist concerning issues involving Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval may be of interest:
Submission requires use of a budget form, obtained at:
A signature page is also required, obtained at:
Proposal submission is completed via an online form at:
Awardees are expected to submit a summary report of their project. For a brief guide describing the content and submission of your report, visit the page on Reports.
Please contact Dr. Trena Paulus, Director, with any questions:
email email@example.com, or call 423-439-6733.