SURF Info and Application
SoCon Undergraduate Research Forum (SURF)
- The idea for SURF was initiated by the administration of the SoCon athletic conference as part of an academic initiative attached with SoCon.
- The 2016 inaugural meeting was hosted on the campus of Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC. A summary of that meeting can be found here.
- A press release for the 2017 meeting is here.
- SURF 2019 will be held November 2-3 at Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC. ETSU will bring 10 students to participate in the 2-day conference. General info can be found at the SoCon website.
SURF FOR 2019
- LOCATION: Wofford College, Spartanburg, SC
- DATE: November 2-3 (arrive Friday evening, Nov 1st for a special reception; meeting is Nov 2-3; return Sunday late afternoon)
- ELIGIBILITY: Any ETSU undergraduate student researcher who is supervised by an ETSU faculty scholar member. Students from any major are welcome to apply. Students do NOT have to be associated with an athletic program to participate.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5pm, Thurs, September 12
NOTE - The Sept 24 deadline indicated at the above link is for FINAL selections for all schools. Still use this form for consideration to be a participant from ETSU, by the Sept 12 deadline, please.
- SELECTION: The ETSU SURF committee will seek to notify applicants as to their selection by Wednesday, September 18
- TERMS: ETSU must forward student information to the organizers for the SURF event no later than September 24. Selectees must confirm their commitment to participate.
- TRAVEL & EXPENSES: Student participants will travel as a cohort, accompanied by the Director of Undergraduate Research & Creative Activities. There will be no cost to students for registration, accommodation, travel, or meals. Further details will be provided following the selection process.