Global Citizen Scholars
If you were looking for the University Honors Scholars Program, we are excited to welcome you to the NEW Global Citizen Scholars program which took its place starting Fall 2021. If you have questions after exploring our website, please contact us.
A Global Citizen is someone who is aware of and understands the wider world—as well as their place within it—and who engages meaningfully and positively with diverse people, places, events, opportunities, and challenges.
Incoming students with at least a 26 ACT and 3.5 unweighted high school GPA are invited to apply for the Honors Global Citizen Scholars Program (GCS). Admitted students will join a cohort and be challenged to grow in understanding the most important challenges facing humanity, exploring your ethical role in the world, and enacting changes to make a positive difference. The program prepares students for personal and professional lives that make positive impacts both in their communities and in our rapidly changing global society. The Global Citizen Scholars program also helps students develop competencies to make them more prepared for and competitive for 21st workplaces. Many of these competencies relate to global learning and understanding, but others hit on more traditional competencies related to things like teamwork, communication, and adaptability.
Students in the Global Citizen Scholars Program may choose any major; however, we are particularly interested in students with interests in foreign language study and semester-long study abroad opportunities. Global Citizen Scholars are required to live on campus their first and second years as part of the Honors Living and Learning Community.
The Global Citizen Scholars Program is for you if you:
- have a sense of the importance of the global as well as the local
- are a doer, an academic risk taker, and an innovator
- want curricular and co-curricular experiences and mentoring that will encourage critical
- seek opportunities to build leadership ability and experience
- want to prepare to apply for nationally competitive scholarships
- look forward to completing a meaningful capstone project
- want gain experiences and build competencies to make you competitive in your future pursuits
Applications for Fall 2023 are now open!
The deadline for the Fall 2023 application is December 15, 2022.