skip to main content columnskip to left navigationskip to horizontal navigation

Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships

Division of Student Life and Enrollment

Things to Know Before Withdrawing

  • Withdrawing from classes will affect your financial aid eligibility, including future eligibility for the Lottery scholarship.
  • Recipients of federal financial aid funds that withdraw from classes prior to completion of 60 percent of the term will be required to repay a portion of funds received as defined by federal regulations. See Repayment of Title IV Funds Policy for additional information.
  • Students who are enrolled for the entire term but fail to successfully complete any classes may be required to repay a portion of the funds received.
  • Recipients of federal financial aid funds and/or Lottery scholarship funds are strongly encouraged to contact their Financial Aid Counselor prior to withdrawing to discuss how withdrawing will affect future eligibility.

Withdrawal Process

  • To officially withdraw from a semester or term, students must complete a Request for Withdrawal Form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office, Room 101 Dossett Hall or fax it to 423-439-6604.
  • Students should retain a copy of the Request for Withdrawal Form for their records.
  • All Requests for Withdrawal Forms must be received by the Registrar’s Office no later than 4:30 p.m. two days before the last day of any academic term.
  • Students requesting refunds of tuition must also complete the Request of Refund Supporting documentation must be submitted with the Request of Refund form. If submitted without documentation the refund will automatically denied. 

Personal counseling is available for students considering withdrawing. For counseling and guidance, please contact the Division of Student Life and Enrollment at 423-439-4210.


icon for left menu icon for right menu