Financial Aid FAQ
I got purged/dropped from my classes. What can I do?
- Your financial aid is showing on your account:You will need to re-register first. Once you are re-registered, see if you are able to confirm registration on GoldLink. If not, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
- Your financial aid is not showing on your account:Check your financial aid status for any unsatisfied requirements to complete immediately. Otherwise, contact the Office of Financial Aid
I have a hold on my account because of a past due balance and can't register. What can I do?The remainder of the balance must be paid to Bursar/Financial Services before the registration hold will be cleared. Visit www.etsu.edu and click on "GoldLink".
Where can I get verification of my enrollment?
How can I get a parking decal for my car?For information about parking decals go to https://www.etsu.edu/facilities/parking/
What is the process for a Graduate/Teaching Assistantship Scholarship? What fees will I owe?Please contact the School of Graduate Studies.
My graduate/teaching assistantship has not been credited to my account. What do I do?
- As long as you have signed your contract with the department the scholarship will get credited onto your account.
- The Bursar Financial Services will put a hold on your account. Your classes will not get cancelled.
- Program and Services fees must be paid (they are not covered by assistantship).
- Check with the Graduate Studies Office to verify you're on their list of recipients.
Where do I sign up for a meal plan?
- Housing and Residence Life, on the first floor of Burgin Dossett Hall, for Resident Advantage Plans, (423) 439-4446
- The Sodexo office, located on the 3rd floor of the Culp Center, for all other meal plans, (423) 439-4389
What if I decide not to attend ETSU after confirming my attendance?You should completely withdraw from the university by dropping all classes before the tuition and fees due date of the term for which you are enrolled. Withdrawing or dropping from classes after the first day of classes will result in a partial or no refund of tuition and fees. For the complete withdraw policy visit the Bursar Financial Services website.
How is my residency status determined for tuition purposes?Residency status is determined by the Admissions Office for undergraduate students and the School of Graduate Studies for graduate students. Please note that any changes in residency status will affect your financial aid cost of education budget and may affect your financial aid awards.