Contact Financial Aid
By Phone at:
(423) 439-4300 - from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
105 Burgin Dossett
Office of Financial Aid
Johnson City, TN 37614-1710
Hours of Operation:
8:00 am - 4:30pm | Monday - Friday
Extended hours the week before classes and Monday through Thursday the first week of classes for fall/spring terms
Counselors are available to assist students with any questions or concerns regarding their eligibility.
Any student who has a concern that cannot be resolved between the student and a financial aid counselor may contact in the following order:
- Associate Director of Financial Aid
- Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships
Students with a complaint about the Office of Financial Aid should refer to the ETSU Complaint Policy and Procedure for Students.
Financial Aid programs, rules, and regulations are subject to change. Federal and state funds are conditional upon congressional appropriation and receipt of those funds at ETSU. Students may contact a counselor with any questions or concerns regarding their eligibility.
In an effort to adhere to federal privacy laws, the ETSU Office of Financial Aid restricts the release of certain private student information. Students must contact us personally to check the status of their financial aid application and awards. We will be unable to release information to third parties (i.e., parents, spouses, etc.) unless they have been added to a students list of approved First Mates and granted access to view the student's financial aid information.
Students can add First Mates to their account by following the directions on the First Mate website.
"Funding Education Beyond High School," a publication from the United States Department of Education, is a helpful source of information regarding the federal financial aid programs. Copies are available from the Office of Financial Aid at ETSU, directly from the United States Department of Education, or by calling 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
ETSU Financial Aid and Scholarships provides many ways for students to both stay informed and contact Financial Aid. Here are some of those options:
- Ask Bucky, a Financial Aid Chatbot.
- Utilize Financial Aid TV, a library of short and informative videos.
- Make a FASTPASS Appointment to meet with your personal Financial Aid Counselor either in-person or via Zoom.
- Walk-ins are welcome at our physical office (105 Burgin Dossett), but you will meet with the walk-in counselor on duty that day, who may or may not be your personal Financial Aid Counselor.
- Follow ETSU Financial Aid and Scholarships on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for important updates.
- You may contact your personal Financial Aid Counselor directly.
- Call 423-439-4300, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the department's homepage for more information.