To become a recognized national leader in pharmacy education
To develop progressive, team-oriented pharmacists that improve healthcare, focusing on rural and underserved communities
The College accomplishes this mission by:
- Providing outstanding education with emphasis on interprofessional training
- Valuing research and scholarship to create a life-long curiosity and passion for learning
- Developing and delivering exceptional direct patient care
- Engaging and serving the university, community, and profession
The Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy embraces the educational philosophy and values of East Tennessee State University and is committed to the following core values:
We strive to achieve excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service to the university, local, and professional communities.
Professionalism, Integrity, and Character
We aim to create an environment that instills professionalism, integrity, empathy, a high standard of ethical behavior, and the highest professional commitment to the patient, the community, and the employer.
A Caring Community
We endeavor to create a caring community characterized by mutual respect, patience, kindness, and generosity; and one that respects, values, and promotes the dignity and diversity of faculty and students.
A Culture of Service
We strive to create a culture that values and promotes service to our patients, school, community, and profession.
We pursue a passion for life-long learning and a commitment to personal and professional growth as we serve our patients, community, and profession.
- Recruit and retain high quality students into the pharmacy profession
- Foster a healthy environment to work, grow, and live
- Effectually engage our communities
- Deliver the best educational and developmental experience for learners
- Ensure financial viability of college