What We Do
The Women and Gender Resource Center serves ETSU faculty, staff and students as well as the larger community. ALL ARE WELCOME! We serve people of all genders while uplifting cis and trans women, girls, nonbinary and femme individuals.Through campus and community organization partnerships, the Center may provide resource referrals both on and off campus and the Center itself (located in the Culp Center, room 215) is designed to enable patrons to rest, relax and rejeuvenate in a calm, peaceful environment.
- Is an inclusive space on campus that fosters belongingness, addresses inequity and promotes safety
- Builds a capacity for social justice and leadership through gender-related programming, outreach, advocacy and support for all individuals and all identities.
- Enriches, through programming, education and activisim
- Creates change on campus and beyond in response to sexism and misogyny
- Does social justice work at the intersection of multiple identities such as sex, gender identity, gender expression, race, class, sexual orientation, ethnicity and disability
THE WOMEN & GENDER RESOURCE CENTER STANDS READY TO ADVOCATE FOR YOU!
The Center develops and facilitates educational and enrichment activities and events to support and encourage the campus and community members. The Center staff is available to provide programming on campus and in the community by request (email@example.com). Signature services include:
- Women and Gender Health Series
- Women and Gender Personal Enrichment Series
- Women and Gender Personal Finance Series
- Women and Gender Professional Enrichment Series
- Women and Gender Resource Center "Coffee & Conversation" (monthly)
- Programs dedicated to addressing domestic and sexual violence against women
- Programs dedicated to enhancing the campus climate with respect to opportunities for
Gender Inequality in Healthcare
- Lounge and Study Area
- Women and Gender Focused Library
- Information on Campus and Community Resources
- Free Menstrual Products
- Free Condoms and Other Safe Sex Items
- Art Supplies for Use in the Center
- Helpful Staff Ready to Serve!
The WGRC is always accepting donations of menstrual products (pads, tampons, cups, etc.) and books for our Women & Gender focused library. If you would like to make a donation of products/books, please drop the items by the WGRC (ETSU Campus, D.P. Culp Center, room 215) or contact Heidi Marsh, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pick up location.
Gender Equality Starts at Home
The Women & Gender Resource Center is proud to partner with:
- The Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies Program at ETSU
- The ETSU Pride Center
- The ETSU Department of Social Work
- The ETSU Department of Public Health
- The ETSU Department of Psychology
- The ETSU Department of Counseling and Human Services
- The ETSU Counseling Center
- The ETSU Office of Equity and Inclusion
- Disability Services at ETSU
- ...and many more!