Explore new opportunities to connect and grow together
This spring, the top priority is the health and safety of each member of our ETSU community. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, many of our services and student spaces look and operate a bit differently. This page provides important updates and contact information for various student services across campus. We are excited to explore new opportunities to connect and grow together as one ETSU family while keeping one another safe.
There will be opportunities for students to engage and have fun in person and online. Look for small group activities happening in a socially distanced manner or a large online event with small group viewing locations on ground. The best of both worlds. Student activities is working to balance safety and fun for our students this spring. There will be opportunities for the students to participate in non-academic activities virtually each week as well as some safe in person opportunities as University and state guidelines allow. Planning and scheduling is being done in such a way as to turn any in person events into virtual events if the need arises. Check out the list of ETSU Meet-ups . These in-person events that are designed for and by students with social distancing and university guidelines in mind to allow for interpersonal interaction on campus.
Learn more about services available to students:
BucShot (campus shuttle)
Bucky’s Food Pantry
Campus Recreation - CPA
Dean of Students
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Fraternity and Sorority Life
Housing and Residence Life
New Student and Family Programs
Student Activities and Organizations
Housing and Residence Life
Residence Halls and Apartments are open and in consultation with ETSU’s COVID Medical Team, the decision was made to shift residence hall double bed spaces to single bed occupancy for fall 2020 and spring 2021. This is a decision that promotes the health and safety of our campus residents and is being made out of an abundance of caution given rapidly changing COVID-19 conditions in the Appalachian Highlands.
Textbooks are available to order online in several formats, including rental and digital. Enjoy contact-free shopping by having your order shipped or choose online pickup at the ETSU Campus Store located on the 1st floor of the D.P. Culp Student Center.
The Culp Center Dining Hall and many retail locations will be open this spring. Students will notice several precautions being taken:
- In all food service areas (retail and the dining hall) capacity has been significantly reduced with limits to the number of people permitted at each table.
- Additionally, plexiglass barriers at serving stations, elimination of all self-service food, drink and condiment options, as well as touchless payment using phone or ID have been employed.
- Dining services staff are taking extra precautions with personal protective equipment including masks and gloves, and implementing health screening and temperature checks upon entry to the dining facilities.
- All patrons are expected to wear masks unless they are seated at a table and eating.
- View menus on the BiteUniversities app
- Add ID Bucs or Dining Dollars to your ETSU ID card on the Get app
- Check the number of people currently in the Dining Hall at etsu.sodexomyway.com
Grab-and-go hot meal options for those with Block or Anytime Dining meal plans are available at:
- Chick-Fil-A: M-F 10:30am – 2pm
- Steak ‘n Shake: M-F 10:30am – 2pm
- Roger’s Buc Mart: M-F 10:30am – 2pm
The meal equivalency option for meal plan holders is only available between 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Hours of operation:
- Dining Hall: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. (grab-and-go meals available)
- Roger’s Buc Mart Convenience Store & Boar’s Head Deli: 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Simply-to-Go @ Roger’s Buc Mart: 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Meal Exchange)
- Chick Fil-A: 10:30 am – 4 p.m. (Meal Exchange)
- Starbucks Café: 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Steak ‘N Shake 10:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Meal Exchange)
Retail is accepting all forms of payment, but ID or credit/debit is preferred.
The Center for Academic Achievement (CFAA) offers live, synchronous online tutoring sessions for all subjects supported
in the center. Students just need to create an account in WCOnline Staff are available to answer student questions via phone or email and students can
access assistance through the “Online Help” resources.
Disability Services staff are providing services for eligible students and are available to meet by phone
Academic advisors across campus are committed to providing safe and efficient advising opportunities for students. Currently, academic advisors are advising via phone, email and Zoom. Please use the Advisor Contact List (search query) to contact your academic advisor.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Stop by between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, to drop off documents or ask general financial aid and scholarship questions.
To comply with social distancing measures, Financial Aid Counselors will continue to meet with students via ZOOM. Schedule a FASTPASS Zoom appointment for a time that works for you. An online chatbox, a video series about commonly asked questions, a library of short and informative videos, and other resources can be found on the Financial Aid website.
The Counseling Center is open and providing tele-mental health counseling sessions via Zoom. All sessions are protected by the HIPAA component of Zoom to better secure your privacy. To receive counseling services you must be enrolled for the Spring 2021 semester and be physically located within the state of TN.
Staff is also available to provide consultation to help you find local resources and our 24/7/365 telephone mental health helpline, Bucs Press 2, is always available to provide counseling support by phone. To access BucsPress2, dial 423-439-4841 and just press “2.”
University Career Services
University Career Services is offering ongoing career support and planning to students. Team members are available for phone and Zoom appointments. Appointments are available via Handshake at etsu.joinhandshake.com
CPA - Basler Center for Physical Activity (Campus Recreation)
The CPA is open. All students and members must complete a workout reservation prior
to visiting the CPA. Click here for current hours and to learn more about new COVID-19 guidelines and expectations.
Campus Recreation will continue to offer virtual fitness opportunities.
D.P. Culp Student Center
Culp Center staff are making every effort to ensure students and guests feel comfortable as well as safe by reducing the density of furniture and limiting capacity in spaces from public areas to reserved meeting rooms.
- Signs indicate safe distancing at reception areas as well as in areas where lines form, and to provide information about limits to seating, self-screening, social distancing and other ways individuals can help reduce the spread.
- Reminders and “how-to” signs for handwashing will be posted, and additional hand sanitizing stations will also be placed throughout the building.
- Finally, face coverings are required for entry to events/activities, meeting rooms and dining areas. Anyone not wearing a mask will be instructed to visit the Carrier Center for a complimentary mask while supplies last.
BucShot, Campus Shuttle
BucShot, the free campus shuttle service, is accommodating social distancing and CDC recommendations to promote the safety of the ETSU community. All stops are now serviced by the enhancement of one route. The expanded Red Route offers a bus arriving every 15 minutes and incorporates all major stops across campus. Other services provided include the Evening Route and Safe Voyage.
More information and a route map is available at etsu.edu/facilities/parking/bucshot.php
Bucky's Food Pantry
Bucky's Food Pantry is available to assist students.
Call 423-439-2825 to arrange for a box of food.
New Student & Family Programs
ETSU has both an office responsible for assisting new student and parents/family members transition to ETSU and a formal family group - the Buccaneer Family Association.
The Office of New Student & Family Programs recognizes that parents and families play an integral role in the successful transition of your student to ETSU. The Buccaneer Family Association is a way for you to be informed and involved as partners in the education of your student. BFA connects you to the departments and people that play an active role in the lives of our students. We believe the more informed you are about ETSU, the better resource you can be for your student. Membership in BFA provides parents and families with the resources, information, and opportunities to support their students learning, empower their students to take personal responsibility for social and academic choices, and understand their students experience at ETSU.
Student Activities and Organizations (SAO)
The SAO is offering ongoing support and planning for student clubs and organizations for Spring 2021. Guidelines for student organization planning is available and covers and a variety of topics including on and off campus events, activities, travel, food and recruitment of new members.
Fraternity and Sorority Life
Hoping to join a fraternity or sorority? New member recruitment is going on now!
- Check out the College Panhellenic Instagram page for more information @etsupanhellenic
- Interfraternity Council requires interested students to register on their website.
- National Pan-Hellenic Council chapters host “interest” or “informational” meetings for students. Follow our chapters on social media to receive updates! Chapters can be found by going to @etsu_nphc on Instagram.
More information is on the Fraternity and Sorority Life website.
Visit the ID Services website to upload your own photo and for information on the various ways you can use your
ETSU ID including using ID BUC$ at many off campus merchants.
The Sherrod Library building is open, however, building and service hours may differ.
- Sherrod Library building and service hours: https://libraries.etsu.edu/use/spring2021
- All Sherrod Library services and collections are available online: https://libraries.etsu.edu/
Dean of Students
The Dean of Students office provides resources and support to students, including:
- BucsCARE is a great website for resources and provides a comprehensive directory for phone and email contact information.
- CARE Reports and CARE team are working and available, so please issue concerns as they arise. We will continue to strive to assist students and meet any needs;
- Emergency student funding information is available
Window services open Monday-Friday: 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.