Time-Off and Leave
The types of leave available to eligible employees are described in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures. Employee holidays are approved by the Board of Trustees and published on the ETSU Holiday Schedule website.
Frequently Asked Questions about Family Medical Leave (FMLA)
Do I qualify for FMLA?
- Have you been employed at ETSU or with the State of Tennessee for more than a year?
- Are you employed at 65% or above?
- Are you a regular or temporary employee?
If you answered yes to these questions then you may qualify for FMLA.
Do I need FMLA paperwork?
- Do you need to be off work to care for yourself, your spouse, your dependent child or your parent for medical reasons?
- Do you have more than a cold or flu?
- Do you or a qualifying family member have an ongoing health problem that causes you to miss work periodically during the year?
- Are you going to be having surgery?
- Are you going to have a baby or adopt?
- Are you going to miss work for more than 3 consecutive days?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you may need to fill out FMLA paperwork.
Where do I get the FMLA paperwork?
You may request FMLA leave by completing the Employee Information Page in the link below. This request will be reviewed by Human Resources and additional paperwork will be sent to you if required. Submission of the form is not an approval of FMLA leave. The form will need to be completed through the "Supervisor/Department Head Signature" section. Once the form is completed, you may send the form to Ashley Freeman in Human Resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at (423) 439-5830. For questions, you may contact Ashley Freeman at email@example.com or (423) 439-5825.