ETSU Human Resources
Supervisor COVID-19 Guidance
Procedural Changes for Educational Benefits
Effective July 2020, HR will begin verifying the dependent relationship when completing the Request for Fee Discount for Spouse and/or Dependent Children. If your spouse or dependent children are already covered on your insurance through ETSU, you will not need to provide dependent verification. If your spouse and/or dependent children are not covered on your ETSU insurance, you will need to provide the applicable dependent verification documents listed below.
- Spouse: marriage certificate
- Dependent Children: birth certificate; or adoption paperwork; or any legal document that establishes guardianship
- Dependent Step Children: verification of marriage between employee and spouse and birth certificate of the child showing relationship to the spouse
ETSU to Offer Voluntary Retirement Incentive Program to Faculty and Staff
As part of the university’s initiatives to reduce budgets for fiscal year 2020-2021, ETSU will offer a one-time, special incentive to eligible faculty and staff who participate in a voluntary retirement program. The details of these programs can be found on the following websites:
- Staff Voluntary Retirement Incentive Program Guidelines
- Faculty Voluntary Retirement Incentive Program Guidelines
ETSU Releases Plans to Return to Campus
On June 3 the Future Operations Workgroup released their recommendations for a staged return to academic and business operations on campus. Read the full announcement and report on the ETSU Announcements webpage.
Human Resources is currently open 8:00 to 4:30 Monday through Friday by appointment with a plan to be open to the public beginning July 1. For an appointment, please call 423.439.4457 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Leave Day
The University will be providing employees one administrative leave day. The following parameters apply to use of this day:
- This day must be used between June 1 through August 15, 2020, and the amount of time to be taken will be equivalent to your normal daily work hours.
- This administrative leave day cannot be spread over multiple days but rather must used for a single day off.
- There will not be a payout to those who do not use this day.
- Supervisors are asked to make every effort to allow employees to use this day as requested.
- Department and division timekeepers should report this day on timesheets using the code “L.”
- This Administrative Leave Day is being provided in lieu of our annual staff picnic.
- Should you have any questions about the Administrative Leave Day, please contact our Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act - April 1, 2020
- Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave
- Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Request Form
Centralized Staff Pool
To provide departments with additional resources during these extraordinary circumstances, and to help ensure all regular employees have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the university, ETSU Human Resources has compiled a centralized pool of employee who are available to work. Employees may be utilized for tasks such as writing thank you letters to donors, calling students, assembling face shields, scanning paperwork, etc. The work may be done from the employee’s home or may require the employee to be on campus. Please view the Centralized Staff Pool guidelines for information on how to request workers from the temporary work pool.
Dynamic Form Available for Temporary Requests to Hire
The Office of Human Resources has developed an electronic routing process for temporary requests to hire using the Dynamic Forms portal. All departments should begin using this electronic routing immediately to process their temporary hires. Click here for additional information.
Non-Faculty Annual Evaluations
The 2019-20 non-faculty annual employee evaluations cycle is open. Completed evaluations are due no later than March 30, 2020. Please visit the Performance Evaluations website for instructions.
Due to the precautions related to the COVID-19 virus we understand that employees who do not have access to a computer may need to complete their portion of the review process at a later date but ask that supervisors and employees make the effort to complete the 2019-2020 Annual Performance Evaluation program as soon as reasonably possible.
Process and Structure Updates
Visit the HR Updates and announcements website for information about recent changes to HR policies, procedures or organization structure.