ETSU Human Resources
Administrative Leave Day
The University will be providing employees one administrative leave day. The following parameters apply to use of this day:
- This day must be used between June 1 through August 15, 2020, and the amount of time to be taken will be equivalent to your normal daily work hours.
- This administrative leave day cannot be spread over multiple days but rather must used for a single day off.
- There will not be a payout to those who do not use this day.
- Supervisors are asked to make every effort to allow employees to use this day as requested.
- Department and division timekeepers should report this day on timesheets using the code “L.”
- This Administrative Leave Day is being provided in lieu of our annual staff picnic.
- Should you have any questions about the Administrative Leave Day, please contact our Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Update for ETSU on Remote Work Locations - March 18, 2020
As was announced in the March 16 Weekly Update, ETSU has been planning a process that allows for continuity of operations, affording the opportunity for designated staff and faculty to work from remote locations. The Office of Human Resources has been working with campus leaders to develop a protocol for select employees to transition to a remote/distance/alternative work environment. The document below temporarily replaces our existing telecommuting policy until further notice.
We are actively striving to answer questions and resolve issues as they arise, and we thank you for your patience. ETSU’s anticipate that a significant volume of staff will be working from remote/distance/alternative locations in the upcoming days. It is critical to note that the university will remain open throughout the days and weeks to come. The institution’s commitment to our students and to our teaching, research and service mission will not waiver.
2020 COVID-19 PERSONNEL OPERATING PROTOCOL (updated 3/18/2020 1:00 p.m)
Families First Coronavirus Response Act - April 1, 2020
- Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave
- Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Request Form
Centralized Staff Pool
To provide departments with additional resources during these extraordinary circumstances, and to help ensure all regular employees have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the university, ETSU Human Resources has compiled a centralized pool of employee who are available to work. Employees may be utilized for tasks such as writing thank you letters to donors, calling students, assembling face shields, scanning paperwork, etc. The work may be done from the employee’s home or may require the employee to be on campus. Please view the Centralized Staff Pool guidelines for information on how to request workers from the temporary work pool.
Dynamic Form Available for Temporary Requests to Hire
The Office of Human Resources has developed an electronic routing process for temporary requests to hire using the Dynamic Forms portal. All departments should begin using this electronic routing immediately to process their temporary hires. Click here for additional information.
Non-Faculty Annual Evaluations
The 2019-20 non-faculty annual employee evaluations cycle is open. Completed evaluations are due no later than March 30, 2020. Please visit the Performance Evaluations website for instructions.
Due to the precautions related to the COVID-19 virus we understand that employees who do not have access to a computer may need to complete their portion of the review process at a later date but ask that supervisors and employees make the effort to complete the 2019-2020 Annual Performance Evaluation program as soon as reasonably possible.
Process and Structure Updates
Visit the HR Updates and announcements website for information about recent changes to HR policies, procedures or organization structure.