Lorton Data Functions
Mail Piece Requirements:
- A minimum of 200 pieces or 50 lbs. of identical mail is required.
- All mail must be destined for a U.S. address.
- No foreign mail may be sent in a standard mailing.
- The pieces must be of identical size, weight and content, no exceptions made.
- Each piece must weigh less than 16 oz.
- The mailing piece must be printed or duplicated material.
- Standard mail cannot contain bills, statements, or personal messages.
- Mail pieces must be rectangle in shape.
- The address must be placed parallel to the longer side of the mailing piece.
Always use your department name:East Tennessee State University
Johnson City, TN 37614
Use pre-printed mailing indicia. (Ours is 194)
Mailing list data files must be in Excel format. No other formats will be accepted. If the mailing list is not provided in a format that we can use, it will be returned to you for correction.
When creating a data file for your mailing list, please follow the structure in the example below.
Sample mailing list format:
Click Here to Download sample mailing list (Excel format)
Submittal of Standard Mail Project:
For additional information on submitting requests, Contact the ETSU Postal Services office at Postal@etsu.edu
Time Frames - Scheduling of Standard Mail Project:
Schedule your project at least five days in advance, and allow 6 to 14 days for the USPS to deliver.
Typical turnaround time on a mailing under 5000 pieces will be 24 hours, depending on the size of your mailing job. On large complicated mailings, please call ahead for a turnaround time.
USPS Handling of Standard Mail:
The USPS will recycle all undeliverable mail.
The USPS can and will open standard mail pieces for content inspection.