Freshmen & New Students
ETSU offers out-of-state and in-state scholarships for new students!
- Academic Performance Scholarships (APS) are awarded to both Tennessee students and border county residents that qualify for in-state tuition based on GPA and ACT/SAT scores.
- Promise-Plus Program for first-time freshmen provide last-dollar tuition assistance and program services fees, PLUS more.
- Out-of-State Scholarships are available to students based on academics, artistic talents, or demonstrated commitment to public service.
- Endowed Scholarships are established by donations from individuals or organizations.
- Honors College offers scholarship programs for incoming freshmen:
- Global Citizen Scholars Program
- Fine and Performing Art Scholars Program
- Honors-in-Discipline program
- The Changemaker Scholars
- Colleges and Academic Departments may offer scholarships to their majors.
- The Roan Scholars Leadership Program offers scholarships for incoming freshmen from Northeast Tennessee and Virginia / North Carolina border counties.
- Visual Performing Arts Scholarships are available to artistically talented students.
You can apply for scholarships beginning October 1st through March 1st every year. Transfer students can apply beginning October 1st through May 15th every year.
Apply for Scholarships!
New Student Info
Getting Started with Your Financial Aid as a Prospective Student or Freshmen
Filling out the FAFSA is always the first step to qualifing for financial aid. See the complete list of steps required to complete your financial aid qualification.
- Search for APS Service Positions
- How to apply money from an outside source to your ETSU account.
- Important deadlines for scholarship application.
Complete the FAFSA
All students must apply for Financial Aid each year.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is your gateway to all federal financial aid, as well as many state and school aid programs. Many funding opportunities – including the Pell Grant and HOPE (Lottery) Scholarship – are not available without a completed FAFSA.
Complete the FAFSA using ETSU School Code 003487
Change your school code (TSAC)
For quick tips on successfully filing the FAFSA, watch this short Financial Aid video:
The staff in the TRIO office is able to assist you in completing the FAFSA.