Education Assistance Benefits for Employees
We recognize that continued professional growth and development is important to you. This is why we offer multiple education assistance programs to help you and your family defray the cost of pursuing your education goals.
Educational programs available to eligible employees, retirees and their families include:
- Faculty or Administrative/Professional Staff Grant-in-Aid Program
- Faculty, Administrative/Professional, and Clerical Staff Tuition or Maintenance Fee Reimbursement Program
- Fee Waiver/Audit or Non-Credit for TBR/UT System Employees Program
- Fee Discount for Spouse and/or Dependent Children Program
Eligibility requirements for each program are detailed in the Education Benefits policy. Forms are available on the Human Resources Forms webpage and may be returned to the Human Resources Office, 307 Burgin Dossett Hall.
Submitting Forms for Spouse or Dependent Discounts
Human Resources will verify the dependent relationship when completing the Request for Fee Discount for Spouse and/or Dependent Children. If your spouse or dependent children are already covered on your insurance through ETSU, you will not need to provide dependent verification. If your spouse and/or dependent children are not covered on your ETSU insurance, you will need to provide the applicable dependent verification documents listed below:
- Spouse: marriage certificate
- Dependent Children: birth certificate; or adoption paperwork; or any legal document that establishes guardianship
- Dependent Step Children: verification of marriage between employee and spouse and birth certificate of the child showing relationship to the spouse
The Gail Clay Scholarship from the East Tennessee Foundation is available to spouses and children of full-time, non-exempt employees of state-supported, public higher education institutions. Visit the East Tennessee Foundation, Gail Clay Scholarship website for more information.
Saving for Your Child's Future
Discover how you can save for your child's higher education with the TN Stars, the State of Tennessee's 529 program. For additional Information, visit http://www.tnstars.com/.