How to Order an Journal Article or Book:
There are three common ways to order – it is up to you which you prefer to use.
- Sending a direct email request to the interlibrary loan department via Quillenill@etsu.edu – for journal articles, books, or other materials
- Using the online order form to submit a request – for journal articles, books, or other materials
- Order directly through PubMed – for journal articles only
More detailed instructions including screenshots are available here. If you have any questions after reviewing this document, please direct them to Kelly Loyd at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423)439-7032.
Cost of Journal Articles for ETSU
- ML or CONBLS (Consortium of Southern Biomedical Libraries)
Students - $1.00; Faculty, Physicians, Residents, Staff - $2.00
- Outside CONBLS - $12.00-$13.00
Average turn-around time 1-2 days
- Cost of ILL Books for ETSU - $13.00
Average turn-around time 1-2 weeks
Cost of ILL Journal Articles/Books for Non-Affiliated Individual Clients
$15.00 (plus lending library cost if applicable)
Medical Library (ML) Document Delivery
Journal articles for all patrons, ETSU students/staff and non-affiliated, are delivered in PDF format via patron's email address.Books are delivered via university or postal service mail or upon pickup in the Medical Library.
ETSU Students ILL/ML document delivery costs are billed to the student's online Sierra library account. At the student's convenience, he/she may stop by the Circulation Desk in the Medical Library to pay the fee.
ETSU Faculty, Physicians, Residents, Staff - ILL/ML document delivery costs are billed to the patron's department.
Non-Affiliated Invoiced monthly.