Communities in which children and adults are empowered to engage in meaningful, equitable, and innovative STEM teaching and learning experiences.
Our Vision is Achieved by:
- Raising up diverse ways of thinking and doing STEM, increasing representation in STEM, and seeking funding for projects that center strengths-based approaches to engaging in STEM teaching and learning;
- Students actively participating in learning STEM fields;
- Teachers' practice grounded in current STEM knowledge and practice, and building educators' capacity to guide students' investigations;
- Education leaders and administrators providing the support mechanism and appropriate opportunities for all students to learn about STEM fields;
- Families, the public at large, business and industry, and legislators who support STEM education;
- Partnership-driven projects providing high quality STEM learning experiences for all students and workforce experiences that highlight strengths and opportunities in our region and beyond; and
- University programs recruiting, training, and retaining qualified STEM teachers and building a strong undergraduate and graduate STEM curriculum for all students.
The Mission of the Center:
The ETSU Center of Excellence in STEM Education supports the advancement of STEM education, Cradle to Career, through direct services, technical assistance, partnerships, research, leadership institutes and workshops, and as an information conduit providing standards-based resources to schools, districts, teachers, and community members. As the lead of the NE TN STEM Innovation Hub, we focus our energy on the northeast Tennessee region, while many of the Center's intiatives extend this work with projects at the state-wide and national scale.