East Tennessee State University provides two lactation suites on campus (Student Center and Library) for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. The Lactation Suite provides equipment and space to new mothers who are breastfeeding their baby and need a quiet, safe space to pump. The room is located on the 2nd floor of the D.P. Culp Student Center and the 4th floor of Charles C. Sherrod Library. The secure, clean, lockable, private rooms contain a soft seated chair, hand sanitizer, paper towels, Clorox wipes, trash can, baby changing table, and sink for use.
How to get started:
Please review the Lactation Suite Policy below, then submit a Lactation Room Access Form in person to the Student Center Office (inside Carrier Center) on the second level
of the D.P. Culp Student Center. After approval, ID Service will activate your ETSU
ID Card to access both locations. Room access will automatically expire in one year
so if you need longer access be sure to discuss with ID Services.
Access Hours: The Lactation Suites are available during the normal operating hours of The D.P. Culp Student Center or Sherrod Library.
For support please visit: the State of Tennessee, Department of Health.
For more information please call (423) 439-6633
Lactation Suite Policy:
- Register for continuous access, you will need to visit the Student Center Office, which is located on the 2nd level of the Culp Center inside Carrier Center to fill out the appropriate paperwork. Once the paperwork is complete, Campus ID Services will code your ID Card for use.
- Occasionally, a campus visitor will need temporary use of the room. For immediate temporary access, please visit Student Center Office.
- Please be considerate of others. The average pump time may last up to 30 minutes; do not go over the allotted time.
- The Lactation Suite is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- You are responsible for bringing your own storage containers and supplies. Please do not leave personal belongings in the suite.
- In order for the room to be sanitary, safe, and clean for all users, you will need to clean up after each use. Cleaning supplies are provided in the room. Make sure all waste is disposed of and surfaces are wiped clean. Please notify Student Center administration immediately if you find that the room is not satisfactory upon entering.
- Make sure lights are turned off prior to leaving and unplug the ice machine.
- Please contact Student Center (423-439-6633) for any questions, suggestions, or concerns you may have about the lactation suite.