5/12/2020 Dynamic Form Available for Temporary Requests to Hire
The Office of Human Resources has developed an electronic routing process for temporary requests to hire using the Dynamic Forms portal. All departments should begin using this electronic routing immediately to process their temporary hires. Click here for additional information.
2/11/2019 A New Look for ETSU Human Resources
We are excited to announce that the renovations for the Human Resources main office are nearly complete and our main lobby is fully functional again with expanded counter space for completing paperwork, comfortable seating and computer stations for employees and job applicants. See how Human Resources is changing to serve you better. Visit either our Benefits Center in ‘the dome’ or our newly renovated Operations Center in Burgin Dossett.
1/3/2019 eJobs Applicant Workflow Streamlined
Starting January 7, 2019 the following changes will be implemented for the application workflow in eJobs:
- A new state 'Does not meet minimum qualifications' was added. Applicant Reviewers may move applicants to this state only if the applicant does not meet the minimum required qualifications. The applicant does not receive an email regarding their status until the position is filled and you will be able to move the applicant out of this state and back to 'Under Review by Department' if this state was selected in error. This state does not replace using supplemental questions to identify minimally qualifying candidate.
- Several states for pool certification were removed including states for electronic
interviews and alternates for interview.
- To request certification of your interview pool, move your applicants to 'Recommend for Interview', 'Does not meet minimum qualifications' or 'Not Recommended for Interview' before contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the posting number in your email.
- When you have completed your selection process, move the applicants that you recommended for interview to 'Request to Hire' or 'Not Hired'.
- If you move a candidate to a state for pool certification, you can now move them to a different state or back to 'Under Review by Department'. Previously only HR or Equity and Diversity could do this.
- If you are using the system to electronically request letters of recommendations, you can move applicants to the 'Solicit Letters of Recommendation' state at any step in your review process. The requirement for recommendation review before the pool certification has been modified. Please review the recommendations for screening applicants in the Search Guidelines.
1/1/2019 Job Posting Recruitment Plan Field Change
In the Recruitment Plan tab of the job posting, the demographics of the search committee are no longer required. Information about the diversity of your search committee should be included in the 'Describe how you will achieve diverse participation on your search committee.' field. For information on how ETSU defines diversity and inclusion, please review the interim policy on advertising and hiring employees.
11/15/2018 Revision to Applicant Pool Certification Process
As part of our ongoing efforts to review university processes and procedures related to human resources, a series of changes aimed at streamlining the new employee recruitment process are being implemented effective immediately. These changes include a shortened required advertising time frame for both staff and faculty positions. Specifically,
- All advertisements for support staff vacancies must be posted for a minimum of five (5) days; and
- Advertisements for faculty and administrative staff positions must be posted for a minimum of fourteen (14) days.
As a result of the restructuring of the offices of Equity and Diversity and Human Resources and associated streamlining efforts referenced above, the Office of Human Resources will now be responsible for reviewing and certifying applicant pools. I encourage you to look over our new interim Policy for Advertising and Hiring.
The policy also provides a narrative on diversity and includes guidelines on conducting successful searches.
Our efforts to improve and streamline administrative processes at the institution will continue. Should you have any questions about the changes to this policy, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 423-439-4457. Thank you for all you do for ETSU.
8/22/2018 Changes to Human Resource Organization Structure
Dr. Noland announced changes to the Human Resources organization structure and the opening of a new ETSU Benefits center. Download the the announcement for details.
8/20/18 Changes to eJobs Hiring Proposals
Human Resources is excited to announce that eJobs hires will soon be processed into Banner electronically. We are making this update to ensure accurate and prompt processing of new hires into Banner HR/Payroll. As part of the integration build we have made changes to the hiring process and added a few fields to the hiring proposals and job applications. Please see a summary of the changes below.
- The Banner process cannot change a position number so it will be imperative that the hiring proposal be started using the correct position number. The position number populates automatically when you start the job posting from the correct position. Please keep in mind that starting a posting when someone is still seated in the position does not unseat the employee so you should use the correct position number to start the posting when possible. If the position number is not known at the time of the job posting, you may use TBD for the posting but you must select the correct position from the position list to start the hiring proposal. Please work with Human Resources to ensure that new positions or positions that are moved from one department to another are set up in Banner and in eJobs prior to starting your hiring proposal.
- These fields were added to or changed in the hiring proposals.
Salary/Wage Type – Select ‘Salary’ for all position types.
Recommended Salary/Wage – Enter the salary without the $ sign (e.g. 25000).
ECLS Code – Select the position ECLS (e.g. Clerical/Support Staff, Faculty Academic, etc.) from the drop down.
FTE – 1 for full time or enter a decimal number (e.g. .5 or .50 for half time)
Appointment Percent – Percent employment. Enter a number without the % sign (e.g. 100).
Timekeeping Location – Must be T### (e.g. T456).
Building Name – Select from the drop down.
Supervisor E# - (e.g. E12345679). The supervisor E# is needed for contract and form workflows and employee evaluation routing.
- For faculty hires, these fields are required.
Recommended Start Date: For 12 month hires this is typically July 1. For 9/10 month faculty, this is typically August 15.
Effective Payroll Date: For 12 month hires this is typically July 1 (the same as the Start Date). For 9/10 month faculty, this is typically August 1 (to ensure the 9 month faculty get an August check).
- In the application, additional fields were added in an HR only view. The selected candidate enters this data in their application when the Hiring Manager moves a candidate to ‘Request for Hire’. The applicant is moved to ‘Recommend for Hire’ automatically when the candidate resubmits their application with the additional information and the department Hiring Manager(s) receives an email stating that the hiring proposal can be completed. Note to Hiring Managers: If you are not completing the hiring proposal, please forward the email to the correct person in your department.
You will begin seeing the new fields in the hiring proposals next week (week of August 20). For hiring proposals that have already been submitted for review and signatures, Human Resources will complete the needed fields when they reach our office. To run this automated process, it is important that the information on the hiring proposal be complete, correct and in the correct format. We appreciate your efforts to review the data in each hiring proposal for format and accuracy prior to submitting it.
7/5/18 eJobs Homepage Upgrade
Starting July 17, the eJobs HR portal home page will have a new look and new functionality. The upgraded landing page will incorporate an easy to use inbox from which you can access your action items without having to change your user group. These action items will also include search committee tasks. Under the postings tab you will be able to filter and sort the inbox. Additionally, there are several new role-based widgets that answer simple questions like "How many postings were filled in the last 30 days?" or "How many applicants did I receive each day over the past 7 days?"
The application names have changed from Applicant Tracking and Position Management to Hire and Positions. To change applications, click on the blue dots in the upper left corner.
6/6/18 eJobs Workflow Change
Starting June 12, the Applicant Reviewer will submit applicants to hire to a new state called 'Request to Hire'. This will automatically open the selected candidate's application so the applicant can enter additional information needed to process the hire more quickly. The additional information includes: criminal history, social security name and number, and marital status. This information can only be viewed by Human Resources.
The applicant will get an automatic email to reopen the application. When the applicant completes the additional information and resubmits the application, they are automatically moved to the state of 'Recommend for Hire' and the Hiring Manager can start the hiring proposal. The Hiring Manager will get an email when the application is resubmitted.
Why this change? 1) Capturing the hiring information earlier in the hiring process means that the data can be entered into Banner as soon as the hiring proposal is approved. 2) If a background check is required, the background check process will begin as soon as the application is resubmitted. 3) Human Resources will review the self-reported criminal history of each selected candidate before the hire is approved.